Saturday, May 23, 2009

Faces

Faces that speak a million words.

Eyes that tell a thousand tales.

Touching my heart.

And hopefully, touching yours.

Some of the misfortunate dogs and pups rescued and cared for by the Lau Fau Shan Kennels, telling their tale.

Hoping for that second chance that may never come.

Waiting for nothing but kennel cleaning times so they could steal a pat or a kind word from their caregivers.

Looking forward to their daily meal, the cheapest dried kibbles that changes from week to week, depending on what has been donated.

Many of them have roamed the villages all their lives, scavenging for food, fending for shelter.

Some, if not all of them, have never known how to walk on a leash, not to mention having a home to call their own.

No fluffy puffy beds, no dedicated water and food bowls to call their own. Not even a thin dirty towel to snuggle up to when it's cold and wet. No toys. No nothing.

Just a bare abandoned pig kennel with concrete walls and concrete floors, a small covered area with a leaky roof.

The best the kennel owners could do, with the limited hands and limited funds they have. Feeding and caring for over 130+ dogs is not a light chore. It requires so much dedication, so much courage, and so much determination.

The dogs may not be happy, as they could no longer roam the fields and villages that they once ruled. However, they are now given a second chance, as slim as it may seems. A few may eventually find their way to a new home, but most of the bigger ones, especially mixed breeds, will probably end up growing old and dying here. Unknown and forgotten.

Please take a few moments to hear their tales, so at least they will be heard and remembered, even for a brief moment.

"I may look big but I'm actually one sweet loving girl."















"Will you be my Mommy?"












"I'm good! I'm good! Please take me home..."


















"I may look tough, but I'm actually a very gentle, loving girl."


















"I'm one quiet and obedient boy. I'm just sad to be here."













"Guess nobody is interested in a plain looking guy like me..."

















"Are you here to take me home?"

















"I want to play, but I don't know how to play. Now I'm just sad."
















"Anyone here to take me away?"














I'll be good, I promise...

















Me! Me! Me! I'm good, you see?

















More photos to come...please check back often...

No comments: